Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's Almost Here! The New Bee-Healthy Book for Autumn

The Healing Powers of Honey: A Complete Guide to Nature's Remarkable Nectar
By Cal Orey (The Writing Gourmet)
Tomorrow is the first day of Fall. Next week is the time when my book The Healing Powers of Honey (Kensington Books, September 27, 2011) will be released. The popular NewsMax featured a story about my new book. It's sweetened with bee-healthy health data, home cures, decadent recipes--and tales about honey bees and humans. Finally, I get to share my very intimate on the road experiences with my dog(s), which is similar to wayward honey bees in search of a new home.
Truly it's perfect timing. After all, September is National Honey Month. It is the season when beekeepers are busy harvesting honey bees' gift to mankind. And it's a time when I try to snag some R&R at Lake Tahoe, a nirvana in autumn, in between nesting...
Like a queen bee, I'm busy in my hive. So much work to do before winter. Is the fireplace clean? Will the firewood man answer the phone? Do I stack wood against the fence or garage? Will snowfall be unbearable or doable? The double pane window covers--where are they? My pantry is still stuffed with honeys--all kinds--what do I bake?
Meanwhile, I am getting booked on national and international radio shows to dish out the words about honey--nature's sweet nectar. On September 30, I'll be up before the crack of dawn and talking on the Tom Roten Radio Show. October 1, it will be time spent with Dr. Will Clower. The other night on Tuesday, I made a cameo appearance on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory (quake chat) and while my honey book and honey bees are important, October is the month for earthquakes in my Golden State. But I'll still be promoting my book during shine or shake.
While I'll still be in worker bee mode, I'll still be able to pamper myself as I savor the changes I see, feel, taste, hear, and touch. There is a crispness in air at night. Autumn produce should be out and I wish I had drones to go out and fetch it for me. No matter. I will do it and this weekend in between fall cleaning I'll be baking honey breads to cakes. 'Tis the season to enjoy buzzing about like busy beekeepers and honey bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment