Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's Healthy Chocolate Today--And All Year Long!


By Cal Orey, The Writing Gourmet


I woke up this morning with honey on the brain. After all, it's my new book in progress and yes, I'm busy as a worker bee so I can share the latest honey health buzz. As I write The Healing Powers of Honey (October 2011, Kensington), I still am having a love affair with chocolate. So when I read that July 7 is Chocolate Day it brought back fond memories of the chocolatiers whom sent me chocolate via UPS. Ah, those were the sweetest days in the fall, winter, spring and summer...

Is it time you discover the amazing powers of chocolate. Did you know?...

* Known as Mother Nature's "food of the gods," the medicinal benefits of chocolate were recognized as far back as 4000 years ago.

* Eating chocolate can help boost the immune system, lower the risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes--even obesity!--and increase lifespan.

* A 1.5 ounce bar of quality chocolate has as much antioxidant power as a 5 ounce glass of wine--without the side effects of alcohol.

* Chocolate is chock-full of mood-enhancng ingredients, including phenylethylamine (the "love drug") and serotonin.

* Chocolate can relieve a host of ailments, including depression, fatigue, pain and PMS, as well as rev up your sex drive!


Meanwhile, last night at my friendly Safeway I craved a healthy chocolate fix so I picked up a small package of gourmet dark chocolate truffles. As an author-intuitive I must have sensed that today was Chocolate Day. If you want to give you or someone you care about the belated gift of health, check out the link to one of my fave chocolatiers (everyone always ask me what the best chocolate is)... Today's chocolate of the day in my point of view and past experience(s) is...(drum roll): Lake Champlain Chocolates . Remember, chocolate can be a year-round gift for your health from head to toe.
[The Healing Powers of Chocolate by Cal Orey, published by Kensington, 2010--available at amazon.com (delivered tomorrow!) as well as all online bookstores and your local bookstore]

No comments:

Post a Comment