Today is Sunday, a day in the week that is usually a good one filled with fun and spontaneous outdoor activities with my dog duo. But on this mid-summer afternoon I find myself in a minor meltdown mood. Let me count the ways how this day tanked and it's not over but should be...
|Boston in the Fall? Planning my|
B-Day book research escape
1) The go-to Reno guy to repair my bed with a cosmetic tear has gone simply AWOL. Translation: The problem is back in my court. He flaked right after I sat outside on a log with fresh pine tree sap; ruined my favorite skinny blue jeans. A call to Victoria's Secret repaired my grief. RIP. I loved those jeans.
|My attire for the next trip: Boston, Chicago or somewhere cold|
with Tea People
3) Speaking of beds... He is somewhere, someplace with an ex boyfriend (no label ever made it to the table) who wasn't good enough for me but is fine for him to have good times the way guy pals do. (Thank God for my two canines who can spell loyalty.) It's not that I care; it's that our dog day afternoon has been scratched. Howl.
4) Last night a weak moment hit me. After dishing predictions on a psychic network I decided to play the online dating site, similar to hitting the casinos. Yes, I snagged a live one: younger, cute, blond, Gemini...
|I miss Monday morning in B.C. Tomorrow|
it's to the outdoor pool.
6) And it got progressively worse. "I date women of all ages. I'm seeing a 26-year-old. When he returns I got an invite to travel 100 miles round trip to meet him because this one will be too tired. I need an aspirin. And so it goes. Happily single...just needed a quick reminder of the reason behind my status.
|Getting ready to decide where to flee to for pre-fall|
8) So what was going to be a productive, loving life day has turned into a ice pack on the forehead (right between the eyes), "I'm not thrilled" weekend and I'm praying for magical Monday.
9) Tomorrow has to be better... and this week promises a teeth cleaning, touching up those roots on the locks, and summer cleaning this rustic Tahoe-style cabin.
A Bonus: My fico score is still in good standing. Maybe I should break the news to the one I tossed back to the sea. I need a nice cup of hot tea. And then it's time to brush the dogs' teeth... count my blessings. Thank God I am single and in love with soulmates with paws. No questions asked. Oh, and my senior Brittany has papers and is a Gemini...
UPDATE: Bed man showed. Sitting on it now! Great job. No longer longing for a man (especially after the dude who wants to know the square footage of my home). Planning a pre-fall escape. Mondays are my favorite day. Motto: Everything is temporary.