Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Skyler's Scoop: The Real Poop on Puppy Power

By Cal Orey, The Writing Gourmet
So, adjusting to a new puppy doesn't have to be a Stephen King sci-fi "Cujo" type film. Skyler may not be a Marley 11 after all. Zen, my beloved Siamese mix kitty gets it. And late last night he proved it to me, his mistress who was yowling and crying to friends that her new puppy addition has destroyed her relationship with the cat. "My kitty has mega cat-attitude. He's on strike. He's making a statement and won't sleep with me like a strong-willed man with issues," I whined.


Good Night Sweet Zen
The deal is, I cannot get shut-eye without Zen. This zen-like cat who thinks he's a dog always sleeps with me--every night. He purrs to me softly and snuggles up to my chest underneath the covers all night long. At 1:00 AM, I telepathically communicated with him all alone in his cozy cat napper in the living room: "Zen, I can't sleep. Please come to bed. I'm so tired. Simon is underneath the comforters at my feet. Skyler is quiet to the right of me. Your place, on the left of the bed is empty and open." But I got a dead calm. No response as I laid between two snoozing canines, young and older.
Suddenly, I felt a familiar pounce on the waterbed and four gentle cat paws of a 10 pound feline saunter up to me. I lifted up the flannel sheet and Zen curled up with me once again. Sweet Zen! We were in human-cat bonding heaven once again. I whispered, "Good night." And like the character in the film "City of Angels" who needed her angel to hold her until she fell asleep--I got my angel cat back and shut my eyes. Thanks to Skyler's good energy and my puss who sensed it it was a good night all night long.
So, we are on Day 3 and normalcy in the household is happening. Can a young alpha cat, beta pup, and alpha dog all get along? You betcha! Thank you Skyler for backing off and allowing me to get much needed z-z-z's with my sweet loving pussycat. While you may be hitting 15 pounds this week, the little puppy in you still shows. I predict Sky, a Sagittarius and Zen, an Aries--two Fire Signs--are going to be good friends. Who says cats and dogs don't get along? 
P.S. Skyler, if you don't start herding Zen I forecast a peaceful household and you will be part of the pack.  
UPDATE: LAST NIGHT SKY GROOMED ZEN'S FACE! IS THAT DOG-CAT LOVE OR WHAT? OR MAYBE SKYLER IS LIVING UP TO HIS NAME MEANING "SCHOLAR" AND IS KEEN TO POLITICS.

No comments:

Post a Comment