Thursday, October 6, 2022

Author's B-Day is Home Sweet Home...Getaway Booked for PNW in November

 By Cal Orey

Autumn--Canada

You are where you're supposed to be... Several years ago I traveled North on my birthday. I missed my home and vowed not to leave on that day ever again. And on that day in the past my choice felt right like it does today, October 6, 2022. 

It feels strange to be relaxing at home on my birthday. The last few years I was traveling on the road to Quebec--Montreal and Quebec City, Seattle, and British Columbia. This time around, I am cozy and warm in Tahoe with my family--two and four leggers. And it feels right...unlike the past.

TEA book got the Best Seller banner on
Amazon/B&N Oct. 2022!
After all, we have a hurricane or two brewing down in Florida and to hit the Atlantic Seaboard. No surprise. I did forecast this would happen in 2016...but when it did begin it made me think:

 "Wow. And I almost booked a B-Day trip to Savannah Georgia!" After the "hurricane-force" Bering Sea storm threatened my Alaska trip for a Barnes and Noble book signing and nature tour (flooded Turnagain winding road), I thought a nice, warm place with Southern hospitality would be a treat. But I tuned into my sixth sense and just kept the funds with the airline for a future adventure. And I'm glad I did follow my instincts but am on edge because of the people who are in prepare and wait mode. I can feel their fear of the unknown after evacuating Angora Fire and surviving the Loma Prieta 7.1 monster quake.
* * *
Last night I made a cameo appearance on Coast to Coast AM. My job? I was to dish on the Salton Sea earthquake swarm. Will it fizzle or sizzle? I gave analogies, channeled the late geologist Jim Berkland, and gave my prediction. Sixty percent we may see a significant earthquake in SoCal this month. And we fear the worst, like the East Coast, but hope for the best. As the late geologist taught me: Don't be scared, be prepared. We cannot control quakes but we can be ready so we're not 100 percent blindsided when the Earth moves.

Content to be home with my beloved Aussie

A treat and back to vegan diet
to lose 3 pesky lbs.
With so much chaos going on in the world--like the 2012 film- it is nice to be indoors in my womb with my companion animals, a safe place. While adventures to the Pacific Northwest, Deep South, and Canada  as well as Las Vegas for a tea convention next spring, are on my mind it isn't the right timing. These regions will wait. I will go when it is time to go.So here I sit cuddled and cross-legged with my blue-eyed, laid-back cat Zen; got puppy's nails trimmed and a tangle or two cut so he looks handsome. I shared a veggie pizza with the sibling and am enjoying a moviefest (fielding a few psychic calls for the feel-good vibes of being a healer). 

I anticipate a book reading/signing in Reno, Nevada on October 20.  And,  my editor wants me to write an article on hurricanes for the November issue of Oracle 20/20 magazine. (I did go to  Hawaii after Iniki hit and will never forget the grueling stories locals shared, from trapped dogs in a flash flood and losing loved ones in the turbulent water). 

And this is how it's done...Rest and relaxation on your birthday when you're a genuine Type-A author-intuitive.  Not to forget yesterday at the beach with the Aussie was good. And to be honest with you, traveling is awesome but homesickness comes with it each and every time I leave on a jet plane. This year I am right where I'm supposed to be. 
P.S. Nearly 300 birthday wishes on Facebook. Amazing. Note to self: Thank everyone and read tomorrow.  Love and light. Blessings to all of us who are being challenged today and this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment