Thursday, February 23, 2012

HEALING POWERS Book Series: 5 Sweet Secrets to Dump Winter Weight

Enjou Chocolat's Healthy Chocolate Bars
Ever wonder how to lose those pesky pounds? I've got a secret (or five)--and it comes from my Healing Powers book series. I'm talking chocolate and vinegar, olive oil, honey, and coffee. This time of year many of us have packed on unwanted weight and we want to dump it ASAP. Well, I've got the secrets (and you can find 'em in any of my books: The Healing Powers of Chocolate, Vinegar, Olive Oil, Honey, and Coffee).
1. Dark Chocolate: No kidding. In my book The Healing Powers of Chocolate I discuss how eating chocolate (70% cocoa content) in moderation can curb your sweet tooth and help to curb cravings to eat fattening sweet stuff. And yes, the sweet bars (the ginger orange peel one is unforgettable) in the photo above will titillate your taste buds with flavor and texture.
2. Vinegar: The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar is the compound that can help you to blast those unwanted pounds away. It can boost your metabolism (calorie buring power) and suppress your appetite, too.
3. Olive Oil: Ah, yep. This monounsaturated fat is good for you and it, like vinegar, can help to satisfy you so you don't have those hunger pangs. It's the must-have healthy fat to drizzle on stir-fry vegetables and salads teamed with red wine vinegar.
4. Honey: My fave of all. Sweet, raw honey. One teaspoon in a cup of tea or solo will boost your energy and then you'll want to go do it.
5. Coffee: And java is comforting and can also give you more energy to go do it, whether it be pre-spring cleaning or walking the dog. I'm living proof. Just got back from a swim and hot tub.

P.S. The best part, by incorporating these five superfoods into your diet (4-5 mini meals per day) along with eating a Raw Caveman Diet for a few days (veggies, fruits, nuts) and drinking herbal teas and coffee (in moderation) you're going to lose up to 5 pounds or more within two days (about 1200-1300 calories for an adult woman; 1500 for a man). Repeat as needed. Get a move on every day.  I weighed myself at the spa and am back to 120 lbs., size 4, at 5' 5". Yes, the Healing Powers of these foods found in my Healing Powers books work wonders (click your mouse on the previous link and see your friendly superfoods busy at work).

No comments:

Post a Comment