Monday, June 15, 2009

A Veggie Sandwich 'n' Dip Can Help You Lose Lbs...


A Veggie Sandwich 'n' Dip Can Blast Fat &

Help You Chill Out


"Except the vine, there is no plant which bears a fruit as of great importance as the olive."

--Pliny





Ever have one of those days where you just wanna have fun but your schedule screams "work, work, work"? No worries. I have found the secret. First and foremost, go do it. Exercise. Yeah, get a move on, rain or shine. Today, like most days, I went swimming before the Tahoe rains came (again).

While my body got its fix, hunger set in and my mind was boggled with a tsunami of real work waiting for me at home. My remedy? Instead of going home and wondering what to eat or what to fix (remember, work awaits), I hit a local sandwich shop. Yes, you can order quick and simple healthy, fresh food and satisfy your cravings, too. So what did The Writing Gourmet order at a run of the mill fast food outlet? Ah, a custom-tailored lunch made for moi with an European flair, of course...

I said without hesitation, "I'll have a medium veggie sandwich, please. Whole wheat French bread roll. No mayo or mustard. Provolone cheese (a couple of slices). Extra tomatoes, a whole lotta lettuce, olives and more olives, green bell peppers, onions, sprouts, a splash of olive oil and red wine vinegar with a dash of pepper. No soda or chips." And that was that--just like I practice and preach in my books The Healing Powers of Olive Oil and The Healing Powers of Vinegar. Olive oil and vinegar are the perfect condiments to help you maintain your ideal weight. And bottled water (from my own stash due to the lingering rece$$ion, which has made its mark in our resort town) quenched my thirst.

Now, my tummy is full. The cool swim gave me that cool endorphin high like a perfect French kiss (almost as nice). If only I could hire a gourmet ghostwriter to do my copy edits in front of me like a skilled sushi chef...my life today would be a bowl of dark chocolate covered cherries. But it doesn't work that way, does it? Back to work. Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. P.S. It's fun to order a sandwich. The event makes you feel like a princess or prince--having someone do it for you. But in the real world, for the $6.09 I paid, I realized I could have purchased a few items, such as 1 bag of lettuce, a bell pepper, and a can of olives. (I have a loaf of whole wheat bread, cheese, tomatoes, EVOO, RWV,and onion.) And that would have made sandwiches for a week. Oh well, live and learn.

    ReplyDelete