Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Autumn is the Same This Year, Sort of


Autumn? I Need Help from Squirrels!

By Cal Orey

It's cold outside! And it's only October. The news or my prediction is Northern California is going to experience another drought. Here I sit in a toasty real bed with Zen cat and Aussie puppy all grown up (going to love his double coat this season for double warmth) and I'm clad in a hooded sweatshirt and leggings. 



  • OUTDOORS STUFF: First of all, I have firewood. No flannel sheets with deep pockets that I love, yet
  • Why aren't they in the stores? Storm windows? Half are in one closet, the other half in the garage. Fireplace needs to be cleaned and the chimney guy needs to come out and deep clean it for safety's sake. (He does it all...maybe I'll wait and let him do it?) And the piles of pine needles are gone on the rooftop, solar lights still work.  
  • THREADS FOR WARMTH: I didn't order earthy colored sweats, jeans, and sweaters from Victoria because they don't sell clothes like they did in the past. I paid the tax accountant for my birthday and worked on the new Healing Powers Series book #8. Put the Pacific Northwest trip and flight miles in the lock box due to circumstances beyond my control; 6.8 quake did hit B.C. as I predicted-maybe the gods were looking out for me.  so I can complete the essential book with a new, improved fresh feel to it. 
  • BRING FALL INSIDE: Pine cones...all the new, big fresh ones are dropping onto the ground. Note to self: This weekend collect as many as I can to put in flower beds, and decorate in wicker baskets (for that real mountain fall feel). And throws. Ah, I have wool cozy colored throws that need to be washed to throw on the cold leather sofa, love seat, chairs--to give my cabin that warm look. And more goldfish. This year my fish are happy and healthy (kindred swimming spirits)  get to enjoy the aquarium heater!  No hot and cold temps.
  • STAY WELL:  Forgetting a flu shot. I'll stay clear of people--all political parties. It's healthier. But note, the Aussie did get a canine flu shot last year and it's recommended a follow-up one in late winter.
  • GET A MOVE ON: I did finally join the Resort Pool (as I do every year) and began swimming for my fall health regime. It is heaven in the morning. 
  • CLEAN PANTRY:  As I'm lost in Essential Oils Land, my kitchen pantry is chock-full of new oils which I can enjoy during the holidays. And, it's time to toss out some items that have expired and make it orderly but not as perfect as the husband likes in the classic film "Sleeping with the Enemy". So the new book isn't due until the second week of January. That means I have time for more testing oil products, cooking, baking, using the healing oil(s) in all imaginable ways from head to toe...
  • And it's time to get more teas, coffees, honeys...I cannot forget the last three day power outage so this time around I will be prepared in case the lights go out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment