Monday, April 16, 2018

Sightings on the West Coast--Intuitive Shares Happenings


In my 2018 Forecasts, I used my right brain and dished out prediction after prediction which come from my sixth sense.  No intellectualizing—just going with the creative process as intuitives and authors do. But, when I peeked and reread the words I almost deleted the West Coast tsunami alert, and especially, the UFO sighting. Too absurd, I thought. And the spooky thing is, those two predictions happened and others came to fruition and it’s not even mid-year.
Read on—and take a look at what happened before summertime…

1 UFO Sightings: Prediction: Speaking of flights, another UFO sighting may happen shocking people everywhere.
In late March, two pilots from two airlines shared observations of seeing an identified object in the air while they were flying over Arizona. We heard audio recordings released by The Federal Aviation Administration. Drones and other aircraft weren’t given credit for the UFO. We do not know exactly what the objects were. I believe it’s pompous to say there isn’t other life in the universe. I sense there are others from other planets and we are being watched. And, the chosen few have stories of making contact just like in films “Contact” and “Encounters of the Third Kind) we view on the big screen. It’s not a matter of when it’s when more of us will make closer contact.

2  West Coast Tsunami: Prediction: Not to forget the entire West Coast, including Seattle, Washington and British Columbia—the Cascadia Subduction Zone which is capable of repeating history. A major quake and at least a tsunami alert may happen warning the entire West Coast.
On January 23, 5:43 157 miles southeast of Kodiak Island, Alaska was hit by a 7.9 earthquake. It was a shallow 6.2 miles which spawned a tsunami alert for the entire West Coast. News headlines read, “Entire West Coast On Tsunami Watch After Earthquake Rocks Alaska.” Alaska, British Columbia (a place I visit frequently), and the Western coastal states were on alert. To me it’s a warning that one day a big wave may revisit.

3  California Earthquake: It seems like California has lost its reputation for being a shaky state. The U.S. Geological Survey experts note the risk of a great earthquake increases. As the lull continues the stress builds (especially on the San Andreas).
At 12:29 P.M. on April 5, breaking news greeted me and other folks in California. A 5.3 earthquake offshore in Channel Islands was widely felt in Southern California, 30 miles from Santa Barbara—where a 6.8 hit back in 1295. And the San Andreas Fault zone isn’t too far away, seismologists pointed out. Tick-tock. Tick-toc. Amazingly the California early earthquake warning system did work for countless people giving a heads up of the imminent shaker; some people shared that they had up to more than 30 seconds to prepare for the Earth to move. That short time can be major for first responders (firefighters and paramedics) as well as people to drop, duck, and cover.

4  Earthquake Trigger Effects: Prediction: Before spring and summer months, a major shaker (7.0, 70 percent probability) could rock the San Andreas (or faults nearby) in Southern California (Greater Los Angeles or Palm Springs) or the San Francisco Bay Area (the East Bay or South Bay regions as an epicenter. Worse, earthquakes could happen in both areas of the Golden State.
On April 16, two days before the great 1906 San Francisco earthquake, the earth moved in the San Francisco Bay Area (as I predicted on April 5th when interviewed on Coast AM; I warned of a possible trigger effect in our Golden State). A 3.8 earthquake rocked my hometown, Alum Rock in San Jose. Could it be the New Moon? Or is it a trigger effect?  Three minutes prior, a 3.8 rocked Bakersfield. Indeed, more seismic activity is in the cards this year for our shaky state. One more thing. Does rain and snow trigger small earthquakes? Scientists believe they can indeed do just that and California tremors are no exception.

 5   Significant Snowstorms: Prediction: A repeat drought in California may continue (despite a few significant snowstorms, mudslides, mega power outages). The winter 2017-2018 Precipitation Forecast points to less snowfall for the West Coast—more for the Northeast and Midwest. I see some flooding on the West Coast in the Pacific Northwest, Northern and Southern California.
I can personally attest California did get a few significant snowstorms, mudslides, avalanches, and power outages. And in March the ski industry was pleasantly surprised with snowstorms. It wasn’t a “Miracle March” with several feet of snow but it was noteworthy; and flooding did occur, whereas a drought may not be as severe as it was a few years ago.

Meanwhile, as we observe Earth changes, I admit it sort of shocked me to watch these surreal events unfold, one by one. The year is still young and you can bet (or I will) that more predicted happenings may rock your boat. Or not. Best advice: Be prepared.

 Spring Snowstorms on Cue
On Saint Patrick’s Day after shoveling white powder on the deck, I took a leap of faith and drove over the snow shrouded mountains (with my Australian shepherd in tow and survival food) to attend a book discussion/signing in Reno, Nevada. So much for lucky holidays and numbers, I thought. The roads were icy, cars were moving at a snail’s pace, and a couple of times I mumbled, “I’m turning back.”
Knowing I was stocked up on a comforter, granola bars, salt and vinegar potato chips, bottled water, and canine chow seemed a bit calming for a snow day raining on my parade. While there were a few close skidding out of control moments, no “Misery” car crash for this food book series author. 
On the way home, I wondered, “Why didn’t I bake chewy cookies and bring tea?”  A sobering flashback of hitchhiking in my twenties through a blizzard in Wyoming with my black Lab (not a snow-loving dog) paid me a visit and reminded me, "This too shall pass." We survived--and this time around, too.

--Cal Orey, M.A., is an author and journalist. Her books include the Healing Powers Series (Vinegar, Olive Oil, Chocolate, Honey, Coffee, Tea, and Superfoods) published by Kensington. (The collection has been featured by the Good Cook Book Club.)  Her website is www.calorey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment