JAVA JOLT: A COFFEE LOVERS QUIZ
By Cal Orey
It’s the beverage we can’t live without—yet few consume it without some guilt. But the wonderful truth is that coffee has abundant health benefits. It’s time coffee’s bad rap is debunked. Start by taking our coffee lovers’ quickie, eye-opening quiz—straight from The Healing Powers of Coffee: A Complete Guide to Nature’s Surprising Superfood--to discover more reasons why coffee is the “newest” health food.
Wake Up to the Amazing Perks of Coffee!
1. According to legend, an Ethiopian goat herder was the first to discover the energizing benefits of the coffee bean plant centuries ago. YES or NO
2. Drinking freshly ground coffee from whole beans can help lower the risk of heart disease, cancer, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. YES or NO
3. Coffee is the number 1 source of antioxidants in the U.S. diet. YES or NO
4. Coffee can relieve a host of ailments, including fatigue, headaches, muscle pain, and a lackluster libido. YES or NO
5. A cup of joe can help you slim down and shape up! Its caffeine provides extra energy to help you exercise (burning calories and boosting metabolism at rest), curb your appetite, stimulate water loss, and keep you regular for a flatter belly. YES or NO
6. Coffee can boost longevity in conjunction with a healthful diet and lifestyle. YES or NO
7. Decaf has 20 percent less antioxidants than caffeinated coffee but it still has health perks. YES or NO
8. Java juice has more fiber than OJ. That means, coffee can help lower total cholesterol and bad cholesterol, lessening the risk of developing heart disease. YES or NO
9. Women say that drinking coffee “is a good way to relax,” while men indicate that coffee “helps them get the job done.” YES or NO
10. While antioxidants are the health perk of coffee, its caffeine can help remedy a headache, pain, hangover, and even poor handwriting. YES or NO
SCORING: The more yes answers you circled above, the more likely your coffee is working for you. Still not sure what it all means? Find out more reasons how your cup of joe is your best friend in The Healing Powers Coffee—and savor coffee because it can help boost your mood, energy and well-being for life. (Available in paperback and ebook 3.99 sale at amazon, kobo, and barnes and noble.)