Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Healing Powers Series Author Books Alaska B&N Signing

By Cal Orey

I believe in signs. I believe in timing. I believe you are where you're supposed to be. This summer I've been at home in my rustic cabin but traveling via mind through Tea Land. While my long trip is coming to an end come next month something happened yesterday that caught me by surprise, sort of...
Mountains-City (perfect pairing)

While I'd been thinking about traveling somewhere (especially to promote The Healing Powers of Vinegar, 3rd edition) I couldn't decide where to go. I've done Canada many times and I feel Seattle is my second home. The Barnes and Noble in Cleveland invited me to come for a discussion/signing; but once I discovered it was a long trek onward to Toronto, Canada (a place I hitch and hiked to back in my 20s), I passed.
Nearly 1/4 million sold of
past editions
Like Lake Tahoe, but Alaska
Booked tour to see a moose and wildlife

As I continued writing the final parts for my TEA book I figured the Barnes and Noble bookstore who wanted me to come to talk and sign my new book would determine where I'd go. After all, I had saved flight miles (from a missed flight by one minute due to a tight connection for me and a fellow traveler coming from Alaska); and a trip prior to my birthday is something that has become tradition. Alas, Anchorage, Alaska came calling on me. The rest is history.

One round-trip booked flight, booked hotel, and almost booked cruise and tram to see moose and the wilderness in Seward is in order. I haven't the heart to tell puppy that mommy is going for a few days, nor let kitty know that he'll be on his own with my sibling.  These two are my companions when I write a book--they are by best friends. But it's time again. How does the song go: "I'm leaving on a jet plane, I don't know when I'll be back again..."  But, but, but I need this getaway. Traveling out of your comfort zone, meeting new people, relinquishing control to a plane, another country or state, and going solo is exciting and well it's happening. Yes, I'm doing my happy dance like I did back in the hitchhiking days when I was young.

No comments:

Post a Comment