Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March 20 Super Events to Trigger a Big Happening?

By Cal Orey
Did You Know? March 11 and March 27 were the days great earthquakes and tsunamis happened to Japan and Alaska, making lasting Earth Changes?
Mixed feelings about leaving CA during the
Supermoon, Solar Eclipse, Spring Equinox

January 9 I had planned to go to the Pacific Northwest but life got in the way. So, the trip was postponed until March 20, the first day of Spring. I didn't think much of the switch except that I like fall/winter more than the upcoming season. According to my tools, the time seemed fine for travel...

THE BIG ONE, IS IT COMING?... Sadly, I missed a few things that may include the West Coast or perhaps the Ring of Fire, thanks to March 20 (Pisces/Aries--water/fire). This Friday a line up of rare events are happening: A supermoon, solar eclipse, and the Spring equinox. I thought I was feeling high anxiety because I'm leaving my two canine companions and cat Zen but maybe it's more. Or not. 
Making the rounds on the Internet, I see that the earthquake sensitives are edgy and the forecasters are forecasting earthquakes anywhere from Seattle to Southern California. Sure, it could happen. I do find it odd how I'm leaving on a jet plane on this chosen day for a book signing in Seattle and then up north to B.C. for book research. Makes sense why I've been feeling a bit on edge but could there be more to it since I'm one of those "tone" people who get ear tones and tune into seismic critters prior to a quake?
Ironically, I booked high hotel rooms

TONIGHT ON C2C... So, in a few hours I'll be asked, "When is the Big One coming? According to my 2015 forecasts for Earth changes, I wrote this in Oracle 20/20 Magazine:



A Mixed Bag of Predictions for 2015
 Earthquakes



* The West Coast did experience a few notable shakers but 2015 may deliver even stronger earthquakes. A 7.0 magnitude (or larger) is likely to strike the San Andreas Fault either in the San Francisco Bay Area or Southern California (near water, including the Pacific Ocean or Salton Sea).
 * Europe may be rocked by an extremely shallow and destructive great earthquake in Italy, Greece or Turkey.
* The Indian Ocean and/or an Asian country (Japan or China) may be challenged by earthquake and potential tsunami(s).

On the Fringe
So, during wacky weather, it’s almost guaranteed strange happenings will occur in places that will be surprising. A dormant volcano may erupt; more tornadoes in non-twister states may make the news. An earthquake swarm in the Midwest or California could end up being a strong shaker making international news.  A tsunami on the West Coast—whether it is from Alaska, or Southern California, or even in the Cascadia Subduction Zone from British Columbia, Canada to Northern California may happen as it has before in past history.

Will the San Andreas make its move?
In 2015, the year will seem like a sequel to the film The Day After Tomorrow with crazy climate but as usual humanity will deal and move forward. Weather gurus to seismologists will tell you it’s difficult to forecast what nature will do and when. After listening to so many predictions gone bad, I have to agree. So, you can use my general predictions as a guide, but take a peek at this historical source http://www.almanac.com/weather for the region you’re interested in, too, as I did. Whatever happens in the New Year, be prepared for anything. And note, whatever Mother Nature does, it will pass, as our grandmothers would say to us during the best and worst of times.
Feeling edgy, travel anxiety or?


SPOOKY STUFF... So, the film San Andreas about a superquake is due out in May. And let's face it.  In 2015 the winter in the Northeast did look like scenes out of The Day After Tomorrow. Will the Earth move on the West Coast in the upcoming days when I'm in a high floor of a fancy hotel overlooking Vancouver or Seattle? Or is it likely California will go down without me? Most "what ifs" don't happen so I will say "probably not" during the week ahead. But that is not to say the West Coast will not be shook by a strong shaker this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment