Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Flavored Coffees to Entice Your Palate

Here Comes the Flavored Coffee Parade
By Cal Orey, The Writing Gourmet


Jelks offers more than 250 flavors to entice coffee lovers.

Black Forest Cake Flavored Coffee
     In my new book reader-friendly, revolutionary book The Healing Powers of Coffee, I take a look at popular coffee flavors, 25 that I’ve tasted and enjoyed and would love to go for another 25 and probably will do just that.  There are hundreds of flavored coffees to choose from.  These days, like centuries ago, mixing these coffees with dark chocolate, spices, and citrus can make them more flavorful.
     The aroma of flavored coffee can be chocolaty, fruity, nutty, minty, and spicy. And personally, I treasure seasonal flavored coffees, such as pumpkin spice--it reminds me of eating autumn delights, including pumpkin fudge, ice cream, muffins, and pie. I adore German chocolate cake and southern pecan, too. Each different flavor is distinct, much like trying a different chocolate or honey flavor. But there are so many other flavors that can please the palate, too.

A CUP FULL OF PERKS
ü  Popular flavored coffees are French Vanilla and Hazelnut.
ü  Flavored coffees can be categorized in groups, including chocolaty, fruity, mint, and spice…
ü  …And seasonal flavored coffees offer a wide range from pumpkin spice, sugar plum pudding, chocolate raspberry, and coconut cream. 
ü  Columbian coffee is often the choice of coffee used for flavored coffees.
ü  Both natural and artificial ingredients are used to flavor the coffees due to a variety of reasons, from cost effectiveness and consumers’ health reasons, such as allergies.
ü  Flavored coffees have been popular for years, and these days their popularity has soared to both commercial and specialty gourmet brands.
ü  To keep flavored coffees healthy, stay clear of adding sugar and syrups. Instead, enjoy them as is or with milk.
ü  Ready-made flavored coffees are convenient and irresistible but adding your own natural flavors, whether it is cinnamon sticks or dark chocolate shavings offer a fresh flair and healthful touch.                                                         
(An entire chapter in The Healing Powers of Coffee discusses the perks of flavored coffees.)

3 comments:

  1. Hey outstanding website! Does running a blog such as this tаke a large amount of
    work? I've very little expertise in computer programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyway, if you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners please share. I know this is off subject however I simply needed to ask. Appreciate it!
    My web-site ... Master Spas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the compliment. Sometimes, I feel like nobody is reading me. But then, I get a nice post like yours. Once set up, maintaining is easy. Contact me if you need any assistance.
    COrey39184@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, great blog... Will certainly be calling again.

    If you're into your flavoured coffees, I really recommend Arabic Coffee. Come see us to find a blend!

    ReplyDelete