Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tis the Month for a Honeyfest--The Healing Powers of Honey Is Coming!

September is National Honey Month--the month for people to celebrate honey...And I've been as busy as a honey bee that I forgot that fact. At the end of the month my new book will be released. That's right, The Healing Powers of Honey (Kensington Books, Sept. 27, 2011) is almost here. It will come alive in autumn (when I was born). Fall is my favorite season and the time for honey harvests in many parts of the world. And on September 23 I'll be enjoying some R&R in the sierra--a place where fall comes alive with its vibrant tree color changes.

Meanwhile, I've been lost in a new Healing Powers book, which next week will be en route to New York. Ah, then it's time for this queen bee (in her past life) to savor off season at Lake Tahoe. It's a time when I can feel the nights dropping down to the 30s; see locals stocking up on firewood; enjoy the lower food prices and seasonal fall produce; bake fruit breads, muffins, and scones;  take long walks with the Brittany duo; cuddle up with Zen cat (doesn't he look like a feline version of a Siberian Husky?); make a cozy fire, and anticipate the first snow flurry.

So, here I sit fine-tuning the new superfood book that'll be published in August 2012--before the Mayan forecasted end of days. No worries. Harold Camping's end of the world prediction fizzled (I predicted that it would do just that as will his extension on October 21). But, but, but--there will be Earth changes, for sure. For now, I'll rejoice next week and the weeks to come because my hard work on The Healing Powers of Honey book will be in the hands of humans. Oh, oh, oh...the honey bee book is in the fall line-up (scroll down the page on Kensington Books).

One more thing. Summer does have its perks and I will  miss the sunshine, swimming outdoors, wearing sleeveless tops, and getting golden...And the breakfasts--get this--Blueberry Pancakes on a late summer morning. with coffee-and no fluffy snow to shovel. Ah, I'm missing the season and it's not even over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment