Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chocolate Eggs, Rabbits, and Petit Fours--Oh My!


By Cal Orey, The Writing Gourmet

I can remember that when I was a little girl chocolate was a part of holidays in suburbia, where I grew up. Saint Patrick's Day was a big event because my mother was part Irish. And I can't forget the dark chocolate cupcakes with green icing.
During spring, for Easter, oversized baskets full of chocolate-covered rabbits and chocolate fruit-and-nut eggs were par for the course. Once I was grown up, these traditions tagged along with me and my family. I received a box of Godiva chocolates from a boyfriend paired with a big chocolate fruit-filled-egg for Easter.
These days, my taste for chocolate has soared to more sophisticated, creative creations. One of my favorite chocolate companies is Christopher Norman Chocolates which I praise in my book The Healing Powers of Chocolate. Last year, Chocolatier John Down's whimsical creations arrived on my doorstep. I loved the petit fours: hand-painted pastries that include dark chocolate and strawberry. When I spoke to John on the phone, I got a sense of his style, pasion, and an artist's touch that makes sense to me that his chocolates are an adventure.
The other day, I glanced at Christopher Norman's web site and I wasn't surprised. Their Easter collection is amazing. Here, take a look at their descriptions of two delights:
* Petit Fours Coupling: Sensuous and evocative, these hand crafted chocolate dipped petit fours are moist pieces of cake layered with flavored ganache...enveloped in soft chocolate, and topped with a hand-painted chocolate flower tile. Includes Dark Chocolate Strawberry and White Chocolate Coconut.
* Painted Egg: The eggs are crafted from mixing a range of colors with our blend of chocolates. It features a dark chocolate shell, topped with a layer of tinted white chocolate, which highlights their designs, piped in a spontaneous line drawing. The result is a deepily mystifying colored edible shell.
No doubt, these Easter treats are for chocolate lovers who love extraordinary chocolates. So much TLC is infused into Christopher Norman Chocolates. Yes, these chocolates are for both kids and grown ups who want chocolate that is a cut above. And yes, there is time to put your order in so you and yours, like me, can enjoy a colorful, chocolatey springtime Easter that is as unforgettable as life on the big screen in the wonderful world of The Wizard of Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment