Monday, December 14, 2009

Festive Fortune Cookies Will Bring Holiday Success!


By Cal Orey, The Writing Gourmet

"Happiness can be achieved by using your patience." -- Chocolate Fortunes

I admit it. I like astrology. I like psychics. I like fortune cookies. In fact, often I use my own intuition to guide me about the future but if you are too emotional about a topic it can make your read fuzzy like a snowstorm whiteout. So, this weekend I also turned to a gifted astrologer with keen insight, a professional psychic (or two), and colorful fortune cookies with feel good fortunes that tickled my fancy during the crazy change of seasons...

It's odd. I first thought that the fortune cookie maker took time out to cook up custom-tailored the fortunes for me. However, this was impossible because the cookies came to my home too soon after my request. So, maybe it was fate. Or not. But the fortunes uplifted my mind and spirit--a lot. Keep in mind, I have a new book THE HEALING POWERS OF CHOCOLATE due to be released in a few weeks. Take a look at the fortunes I saved from last night; a group of lucky numbers are teamed with each fortune:
"The world will soon be ready to receive your talents."
"Your genuine talent will find its way to success."
"You will be fortunate in the opportunities presented to you."
During the summer I savored dark chocolate dipped Fortune cookies. I didn't forget these creative gems. No way. Yep, I'm the one who opens the cookie and reads the fortune before the meal. And now, I have found a place to get festive fortune cookies for all occasions including this holiday season. This weekend I enjoyed a potpourri of beautifully decorated chocolate fortune cookies (dipped in dark, milk and white chocolate). And yes, they are sprinkled with traditional winter holiday colors of red, green and white. (These are perfect for holiday stocking stuffers, gifts, and more.)

Not only are the fortunes fun to read but the cookies are a joy to look at and the creamy chocolate make these cute creations taste sweeter and special. Naturally, turning to these cookies are a shortcut to happiness and much easier to obtain (and uniform in size for perfectionists) than DIY fortune cookies (check out this link for a recipe and websites to help you create fortunes). Homemade fortune cookies made with olive oil and your choice of chocolate will be fun to do one day--but not in near future for me. Meanwhile, I'm savoring these upbeat Pollyanna-type cookies (yeah, the fortunes have got me hooked) throughout the hectic holiday season. The flavor and fortune pair helps make me feel warm, and fuzzy inside and out. And that's not all...

I predict one night in the near future that if you serve yourself, family and/or friends a different dinner, trying a healthful Asian cuisine meal complete with chocolate fortune cookies it will make you a big success. In my next blog post I'll show how I did exactly that--along with whole grains, veggies, fish, and herbal tea. Happy Holidays! from Chocolate Fortunes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cal!!!!!!!!!
    It makes me so happy just thinking about chocolate, I know one day we will be working in a business that has cacao as one of our specialty products (It's always been a dream since learning it grew on Trees!!)
    We're from South America, but have lived in Canada most our lives. Recently I got to meet David at the Village Olive Grove and he resparked my intense interest in the health aspects of Vinegars and Oils. On my way out I spotted a quote on the cover of a book by Patricia Bragg, but you were the Author! And David told me of your new book coming out!!!!!!
    Can't wait :)

    "I predict one night in the near future that if you serve yourself, family and/or friends a different dinner, trying a healthful Asian cuisine complete with chocolate fortune cookies it will make you a big success. In my next blog post I'll show how I did exactly that--along with whole grains, veggies, fish, and herbal tea. Happy Holiday! from Chocolate Fortunes."


    Thai hot & spicy foods are something I can't resist much also...!

    Happy Holiidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Thierry,
    What a nice comment. Thanx so much. I assure you that you'll find out everything you want to know about chocolate. Very excited about the release of this book...I feel 8 1/2 months pregnant. Anyhow, I did just make that Asian meal (Kerouac, my kitty is very pleased!). Will share tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete