Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"Indulge In Chocolate" Made Me Smile Last Weekend





By Cal Orey, The Writing Gourmet

“All I need is a little love now and then, but some chocolate will do for now."
--
Lucy Van Pelt

Last Friday I survived the snowstorm that fizzled at Lake Tahoe. We didn't get much snow at lake level--three inches. But baby it was cold, cold, cold. I like storms, sort of. I like fresh powder. I like getting cozy indoors by making a fire, cuddling up with my companion animals, and having a moviefest. And I love indulging in chocolate during pre-winter times, like this. So, in the late afternoon when the UPS guy left a package on my doorstep I knew from experience that it was going to be an unforgettable chocolatey weekend for this die-hard serious chocoholic. And I smiled...
I used to get excited when Victoria's Secret packages paid me a visit. I still do grin when clothes arrive on my doorstep. But there's something different, more special about receiving chocolate, like this time, that uplifted my spirit even more than new threads. After all, sweaters and jeans don't boast those compounds that can give you energy, help you to destress, and beat the fall blues. That's where Indulge In Chocolate comes into play.
Indulge In Chocolate sports a wide variety of chocolate--and truffles that wowed me. My box of truffles is made by Illinois Nut & Candy Home of Fantasia Confections. It boasts 25 handmade truffles--and I'm glad it did. (Yes, past tense but there are some chocolates left.) The presentation won points with me. A handsome square box greeted me. It is classy and will be included in my empty and sentimental chocolate box "collection."
When I opened up the gold colored box I felt like a kid in a candy store. Check out the photo above. It's like "Where do I start?" This collection is tagged "Decadent Box of Truffles." And that it is. I can personally attest that the Mocha Truffles described as "Luscious chocolate combined with the rich flavor of mocha" was spot on. The glitch? There was only one! But two Mint Truffles "rich dark chocolate with a hint of mint" sufficed. The Dark Chocolate Cherry "rich dark chocolate blends perfectly with the sweet tang of cherry" was cherry-less but no matter. It worked for me.
Another item that caught my eye is titled Dark Chocolate Gift Basket--a vegan delight with three gourmet dark chocolate varieties. And oh those Vegan Lemon Cream Chocolates that boast a min. of dark 55% cocoa--these gems are on my holiday gift list. (I simply adore the double punch of chocolate and citrus.) My only regret is that I didn't find this company while researching and writing my new book The Healing Powers of Chocolate. Indulge In Chocolate deserves applause year round for its efforts and vast selection--and has a must-see Website for chocolate lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment