Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Enjou Chocolat Makes the Cut



By Cal Orey, The Writing Gourmet

"There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate and chocolate truffles."

- Author Unknown

Last November I had the pleasure of visiting Chocolateland. Every week I'd receive chocolate from different regions, including the West Coast, East Coast, Midwest, Deep South--and even Ireland. It was heaven for a chocolate lover. We're talking chocolate in all shapes and sizes--milk, white, dark and chocolate truffles. Yes, it was awesome. Yes, I enjoyed it. Some chocolatiers' chocolates didn't make the cut for me and sit lonely and uneaten in my file cabinet inside the study. (I'm saving them for a rainy day.) Then, there are those lovely colored, empty chocolate boxes that sit nicely on top of the fridge. (I'm sentimental.) Yep, they did make the cut. And last week, I received another box of chocolates which came from Morristown, New Jersey...

Welcome to Enjou Chocolat. At the end of the week, I was greeted with a 1/2 lb. Connoisseur Collection (all dark) which is a combination of truffles plus other chocolates. There wasn't a cheat sheet but it wasn't too difficult to decode each piece (more than 15). The covered caramel, orange creme, and molasses crunch made points with me. Both the taste and texture--not too sweet or too bitter--worked as a team in sync to titillate my taste buds. But that's not all...

Enjou Chocolat Owner Wendy Taffet sent me a brand new dark chocolate cranberry blueberry bark. Now this is worth writing home about. Yes, I've tasted lots of barks in my research for The Healing Powers of Chocolate--but this one is different. The texture is creamy and leaves you satisfied. The mix of two healing berries is excellent. And did I say dark chocolate? It is a winner and I could eat a piece of it every day. (Note: Take a peek at the Almond Bark and the Taste of Health sampler.)

Some of the highlights of Enjou Chocolat are: There is a wide variety of chocolate to choose from, including gift baskets, molded chocolates, holiday gifts (Thanksgiving is on its way) and chocolate assortments. The presentation is eye-catching (look at the photo above). And the price range is excellent in today's challenging economy. Some chocolates are to die for but the cost is over the top. Enjou gives their all and you won't break the bank.

One more thing: Yes, that handsome silver box with the silver and gold ribbon and bow? It's now keeping company with dozens of other empty chocolate boxes sitting on top of my refrigerator. (Yes, I shared. Moderation is key to having your chocolate and eating it, too.) Another fond (and healthy) dark chocolate memory for me. Thank you Enjou Chocolat.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you enjoyed everything so much...You're very welcome!

    ReplyDelete