Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chocolatey Contest Winners: Mediterranean Dinner

By Cal Orey, The Writing Gourmet

“After a good dinner
one can forgive anybody, even one's own relations.”

I am impressed with the contestants' menu plans. Here's a recap of the Chocolatey Contest: Welcome to a one-of-a-kind Chocolatey Contest with a Mediterranean angle. That's right. I want you to take me to Europe via gourmet food. But help! I'd love to have a new, improved menu plan. Then, dish out the awesome titles of your fave dishes--no recipes. Be bold. Be creative. Think healthy. The catch is, you must include vinegar, olive oil, and chocolate. It's 80 degrees outdoors. You're in a mountain-type setting. What do you serve? Please include the following dishes: Appetizer, Bread, Salad, Entree, One Side Dish, Dessert and Beverage. No meat, please...


The Chocolate Ribbon Menu

Appetizer: Roasted Eggplant & Feta Dip
with Pita Bread
Salad: Apple-Feta Tossed Salad
Entree: Feta Tomato-Basil Fish
Side Dish: Marinated Cucumbers
Dessert: Chocolate Baklava
Beverage: Horchata

This menu plan wowed me. Its roots takes you to Italy, Greece, the Middle East, and Spain. Will it be a challenge to make it? You bet. I'd be excited to put it together and serve it. Doesn't it titillate your senses? The author of this menu plan wins a box of handmade gourmet chocolates (created by one of my fave chocolatiers) and a signed copy of my new book The Healing Powers of Chocolate (Kensington, Dec. 29, 2009). The winner will have the fun chocolatey gifts before December 25.

Please contact me with your physical address at http://www.calorey.com/ . The runners up, please do the same and request a copy of The Healing Powers of Olive Oil or The Healing Powers of Vinegar (2009 mass market editions). Same date of delivery. Happy Pre-Holidays!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Thank You for the Fun Contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang,
    I love to learn and you taught me about foods with this plan. You're going to simply love the chocolate (and the book!).
    To the other winners? I did the Libra flip flop. It was a difficult choice. The lava cakes with chocolate mint ice cream almost had me. And Bob's dishes? Ah, I'd gain a zillion pounds but his food selections always make me hungry. We will do this again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I was just telling my son about the chocolate and the book and he said "That is kinda like a Christmas present" It was too cute!! I can't wait until you do this again, it was so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang, what type of dark chocolates do you and yours like? Give me an idea...ones with nuts? Citrus flavors? Spicy exotic flavors? A mix? Truffles, clusters, barks or? There's a wide world of chocolates in the chocolate world so let me know.

    ReplyDelete