Monday, June 8, 2009

Cozy Up with "Cool" California Shrimp Pasta!


Cool California Shrimp Pasta



I admit it. I wish I had my own personal gourmet chef. But I don't. So, the way I have learned to eat is to keep it simple and healthy. Tonight, I am satisfied. I so want to share with you a dish I created in minutes...And the scent of fresh red onion, garlic, and shrimp linger in the kitchen. Ah, it's nice. So California.
No measurements required for the veggies. It's laid-back California-style cool cooking with no worries. Can't help but think of that oldie but goodie song
California Girls by the Beach Boys. Ironically, it does rain and get cold in our Golden State. And it is raining (again) heavy with loud thunder tonight. (But I did get my swim and hot tub (it's California) in earlier today when the sun was shining...I think I may have been a fish, of sorts, in my past lifetime. The film Splash is one of my fave films. The ending is oh-so romantic. But then, watched Titantic last night. So sad. I cried.) Speaking of tears, ships, mermaids, pools, and the ocean...


California Shrimp Pasta

In a medium nonstick skillet, stir-fry sliced red onions with chopped garlic in premium extra virgin olive oil for a few minutes. Stir in cooked, jumbo shrimp. Add chopped, steamed (al dente) broccoli, cauliflower, green and red bell pepper. Toss in fresh cilantro. Serve over all natural whole grain pasta (6 grams of fiber, 7 grams of protein, no cholesterol, fat, sodium per serving) placed in a rustic plate. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, a few sliced almonds (it's California, man) and fresh pepper.
It's still raining outside. What's that song about it never rains in California? I wonder if the lyricist was serious. Nah, no way.

3 comments:

  1. The sun is out. To anyone who reads this comment: Sign in, register below and I will send you a free, signed copy of one my healing powers books--olive oil or vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog for a few weeks now. Love it. Think you are living a beautiful life. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anonymous,
    I am touched by your words. At times, I've been feeling like the scientist (played by Will Smith) in I Am Legend. Isolated and trying to reach out to people. But feeling all alone with my dogs and cat still almost daily offering my help and knowledge about staying healthy during lean times.

    ReplyDelete