Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Breakfast in Bed, Mediterranean Style

Breakfast at Callie's

Today I swam in the rain. It was heaven. It brings back images of one of my fave classic films Breakfast at Tiffany's. This afternoon I purchased new oatmeal colored sheets (400 thread count); three new comforter(s): old fashioned lacy vintage-style oatmeal; white; and a multi-Mediterrean colored one--maroon, gold, brown, and forest green. And tomorrow for the finale I'm treating myself to breakfast in bed.

No recipes this time around. It's simple. It's basic. It's good. I will warm up a fresh multi-grain whole wheat bagel and top it with two scrambled eggs (organic and brown)--made with a tad of extra virgin olive oil in the pan to prevent sticking (I mention doing this in my book The Healing Powers of Olive Oil), a splash of organic low-fat milk, and a sprinkle of grated cheddar cheese. A sprig of fresh parsley (yes, I still have my herbal garden) will make it perfect and pretty for me.

This easy meal for one (a few bites for the pooch duo and cat) will be teamed with a large cup of new French Roast coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice. Eggs (in moderation) whole grains, fresh fruit play a part in the traditional Mediterranean diet.

I love this stormy weather with lightning and thunder. And I love waking up to breakfast in bed. It's (almost) like dialing up for room service at a hotel. I love having my two French Brittanys with me on clean sheets as they will be tomorrow in the morning. Note to self: Teach the boys how to cook up a meal for their Mom and serve her in bed. But for the time being, I don't mind playing "gourmet" chef.

1 comment:

  1. Share your favorite breakfast in bed experience and the most moving story will win you a free copy of The Healing Powers of Olive Oil.

    ReplyDelete